Homelessness Prevention Trailblazer Project
We aim to provide a service across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough that will support services to help reduce homelessness. If you would like to find out more about the work we have done, you can read our October 2018 briefing note here.
We help staff to identify the early warning signs of homelessness and ways to prevent it. We help build good working relationships and deliver a better service by being the link between agencies, in preparation and alongside the new Homeless Reduction Act being applied in the UK in April 2018.
What does the trailblazer team do?
- Educate organisations to recognise the early warning signs of homelessness and ways to prevent it
- Help people as early as possible when threatened with homelessness
- Promote housing health checks and budgeting tools
- Support agencies to make action plans for those at risk of homelessness
- Ensure customers are engaging with help given to prevent homelessness
- Work closely with housing options teams to see what has been successful and what has not and utilise feedback to further develop the project
- Run a homeless prevention hub and private rent and landlord solution service.
Who is on the team?
The Homeless Prevention Manager is Helen Brown, based with Fenland District council and covering the whole of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
There are four Homeless Prevention Liaison Officers in the team, each covering an area in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
Two Development Officers are working to increase the supply of affordable Private Rented accommodation.
How can you contact us?
You can email us at email@example.com for further information or to refer someone who is at risk of homelessness into the project. Download our referral form here:
Trailblazer Referral Form