Thinking about how you feel

Services near me

Staying safe

Phone 999 if you are worried that you or someone you know is going to hurt themselves

You must call 999 and ask for an ambulance if you are worried that you or someone you know is going to hurt themselves or someone else

What to do if you or someone you know is suicidal

  • 111 service: If you are feeling unwell and need a telephone health assessment, please call the NHS 111 service free of charge from any phone by dialing 111.
  • Samaritans: If you feel you urgently need to speak to someone, the Samaritans are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week on 08457 909090.
  • If you live in Cambridgeshire or Peterborough, you can dial 111 and then choose Option 2 which will put you through to a mental health practitioner. If you live in Wisbech this might not work so please speak to an operator and ask for option 2. This service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
  • Additional help is available in West Norfolk, please see this website for information
  • Lifeline Cambridge and Peterborough: If you are experiencing emotional distress and urgently need to speak to someone, Lifeline is available seven days a week between 7pm–11pm on freephone 0808 808 2121

Domestic abuse

You do not have to suffer abuse alone – there are people who can help.

Domestic abuse can happen in any household. It is widespread and under-reported and can happen to men or women. Abuse generally has a negative impact on a person’s mental and/or physical well-being and affects the emotional and social well-being of children in the household. It need not be physical violence – it may be emotional, psychological, financial or controlling behaviour.

Where to go for help

Help is available if you are being abused. You can contact:

National Domestic Abuse 24 hr Helpline

0808 2000 247

National Victim Support

0845 3030 900


Men’s Advice Line

Information on the men’s advice line can be found here

or you can call them on 0808 8010 237

Click here for the organisation women’s aid

For more information and to find out more about getting help click here


Financial abuse

If your partner, a member of your family or a friend is controlling your money or running up debts in your name, it is financial abuse. You can get more information about what you can do if you are being financially abused on the money advice service website here)


Managing money when you are unwell with your mental health

If you have a mental health diagnosis, you will know that it can impact on your ability to manage your money. Planning ahead for possible times of crisis can help you feel more in control.  Recovery College East who you can find out more about here have produced a planning tool to help, please email lynne.mcaulay@chsgroup.org.uk for more information and for a copy of the tool.

You can also check out our service directory to see if you can get some one to one help with managing your money